This program includes technical training and hands-on skills training in how to work with breathing apparatus, conduct emergency procedures using breathing apparatus, and how to inspect and maintain breathing apparatus.
There are no pre-requisites for SCBA training. However, it is advisable for participants to have completed CSEA training before enrolling
If your job may require you to work as an Entrant or Attendant as part of a team that will operate in a confined space using breathing apparatus, this training is for you. It will give you the essential knowledge of equipment and procedures to allow you to work safely and effectively.
By the end of the SCBA training course participants will be able to:
- Explain the need for breathing apparatus in hazardous environments
- Carry out acceptance/ pre-use tests on the SCBA equipment
- Follow donning and doffing procedures in an emergency situation confidently
- Perform critical tasks such us conducting a safe escape or rescue while wearing breathing apparatus
All breathing apparatus training activities at this level will be in accordance with relevant international/ approved standards. All tasks and subsequent activities will be performed under the supervision of a suitably qualified and experienced trainer.
At the end of the training course participants will complete a written and practical test to ensure they have the required knowledge and skills specified in the learning outcomes of the following modules:
- Module 1 - Conditions requiring respiratory protection
- Module 2 - Effects of toxic gases and toxic environments
- Module 3 - Legal requirements for self-contained breathing apparatus use
- Module 4 - Limitations of self-contained breathing apparatus
- Module 5 - Types of self-contained breathing apparatus
- Module 6 - Inspection and maintenance of self-contained breathing apparatus
- Module 7 - Donning and doffing self-contained breathing apparatus
- Module 8 - Skip breathing
- Module 9 - Wearing SCBA while conducting various activities