This program includes technical training, hands-on skills training and the examinations required to meet ICE (International Competence: Engineering - Construction) standards.
Successful participants will be awarded a unique photographic IHSP (International Health and Safety Passport) Red Card, which is valid for 3 years and is recognised worldwide.
Prerequisites: In order to enrol on this course, participants must have attended the following course:
- ECITB International Health and Safety Passport (IHSP) Foundation.
If you are considering a career in construction as a Scaffolder, this training course provides the ideal opportunity to learn and receive international certification. This course is a key step on the path to becoming a qualified Scaffolder.
This is a demanding job, but it is also rewarding for the right person, offering lifelong career opportunities.
By the end of the Scaffolding Level 2 Training course participants will be able to:
- Erect, alter and dismantle the scaffolds set out in the course syllabus
- Interpret design scaffold drawings
- Select the correct quantity and type of components required
- Display an appropriate awareness of health and safety
- Apply a working knowledge of manual handling and scaffolding alterations
All activities at this level will be in accordance with the approved drawings, designs and any other relevant international/ approved standards. Tasks and subsequent activities may be performed unsupervised.
At the end of the training course participants will do an examination (Level 2 Scaffolder Technical Test) to demonstrate that they have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills.0