Skills and job knowledge in this training defined by International Competence: Engineering - Construction (ICE) Level 1 in order to meet requirements to work in an Engineering - Construction environment. This program includes technical training, hands-on skills training and the examinations required to meet ICE (International Competence: Engineering - Construction) standards. Successful participants will be awarded a unique photographic IHSP (International Health and Safety Passport) Green Card, which is valid for 3 years and is recognised worldwide.
Prerequisites: In order to enrol on this course, participants must have attended the following course:
- ECITB International Health and Safety Passport (IHSP) Foundation.
If you are considering a career in construction as a Scaffolder this training course provides the ideal opportunity to learn and receive international certification. This course is a key step on the path to becoming a qualified Scaffolding Assistant.
By the end of the Scaffolding Level 1 Training course participants will be able to:
- Select, inspect and erect scaffolding structures up to 3 lifts (6m)
- Interpret and apply relevant current regulations and codes of practice
- Select and inspect scaffold materials for their serviceability
- Select the correct quantity and type of components required
- Display an appropriate awareness of health and safety
- Apply a working knowledge of manual handling and scaffolding alterations
All activities at this level will be in accordance with the approved procedures, drawings and all
other relevant international/ approved standards. All tasks and subsequent activities will be performed under the direct supervision of a suitably qualified and experienced trainer.
At the end of the training course participants will do an examination (Level 1 Scaffolding Technical Test) to demonstrate that they have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills.