This program includes technical training, hands-on skills training and the required examinations to meet ICE (International Competence: Engineering - Construction) standards.
Successful participants will be awarded a unique photographic IHSP (International Health and Safety Passport) Blue Card, which is valid for 3 years and is recognised worldwide.
Prerequisites: In order to enrol on this course, participants must have attended the following courses:
- ECITB - International Health and Safety Passport (IHSP) Advanced
- ECITB - Pipe Fitting Level 2 Training
If you are an experienced Pipe Fitter or if you oversee other personnel, possibly at supervisory level, this training course provides the ideal opportunity for you to learn a broad range of pipe fitting skills such as shaping, positioning and installing pipework, and testing performance activity in a variety of contexts, most of which are complex and non-routine.
By the end of the Pipe Fitting Level 3 Training course participants will be able to:
- Shape engineering construction pipework components by material removal using hand tools
- Shape engineering construction pipework components using manually applied pressure
- Assemble engineering construction pipework components to meet specifications
- Position and instal engineering construction pipework
- Mark out to the required specification for pipefitting activities in engineering construction
- Ensure engineering construction installation complies with the specification
- Test the performance and condition of installed pipework in engineering construction
- Remove components from pipework systems
All Pipe Fitter training activities on this course will be at an advanced or supervisory level, while remaining in accordance approved procedures, test specifications, maintenance schedules and all other relevant international/ approved standards. All tasks and subsequent activities will be performed under the supervision of a suitably qualified and experienced trainer.
At the end of the training course participants will do an examination to demonstrate that they have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills. This will consist of:
- A minimum of 4 Pipefitting Skill Specific Advanced Technical Tests (Level 3)
- A minimum of 4 Skill Specific Technical Tests (Level 2), of which two must be Pipefitting Skill Specific.