This program includes technical training, hands-on skills training and the examinations required to meet ICE (International Competence: Engineering - Construction) standards.
Successful participants will be awarded a unique photographic IHSP (International Health and Safety Passport) Red Card, which is valid for 3 years and is recognised worldwide.
Prerequisites: In order to enrol on this course, participants must have attended the following course:
- ECITB - International Health and Safety Passport (IHSP) Foundation
If you are a Mechanical Maintenance Technician or Mechanical Engineer, this training course provides the ideal opportunity for you to learn to interpret symbols and codes of process flow diagrams and progress to more detailed design criteria and objectives.
By the end of the Pipe Fitting Level 2 Training course participants will be able to:
- Interpret symbols, codes and other information detailed on process flow diagrams (PFDs) and piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs)
- Identify equipment and valves by symbols utilised on PFDs and P&IDs
- Understand detailed design criteria and objectives expected, using the information provided on PFDs
All Mechanical Joint Integrity training activities at this level will be simple, routine and in accordance with approved procedures, test specifications, maintenance schedules and all other relevant international/ approved standards. All tasks and subsequent activities will be performed under the supervision of a suitably qualified and experienced trainer.
At the end of the training course participants will do an examination to demonstrate that they have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills. This will consist of:
- Module 1: General Features of all Process Engineering Drawings
- Module 2: Plot Plans and Elevation Drawings
- Module 3: Process Flow Diagrams
- Module 4: Piping and Instrument Diagrams.