This program consists of technical training, hands-on skills training and the required examinations to meet OPITO standards.
This program is designed to provide knowledge of separator and scrubber designs, with the aim of eliminating or minimising rework or shutdowns and optimising production and efficiency in processing facilities.
This training course formed one unit credit for Oil and Gas Separation System Training.
There are no specific pre-requisites for this course.
If you are a Process Operator or Process Engineering Technician, or a graduate needing to build on your background knowledge, this training course is for you. It will also refresh your understanding of petroleum processing technology and provide you with a recognised qualification.
By the end of the OPITO POL Oil and Gas Separation training course participants will be able to:
- Describe the construction and function of a typical gathering system
- Explain the basic theory of oilfield separation
- Explain how a typical separator achieves its process objectives
- Explain the four main types of separator
- Describe the main internal and external features of separators
All Oil and Gas Separation training activities at this level will be simple, routine and in accordance with approved procedures, test specifications, maintenance schedules and all other relevant international/ approved standards. All tasks and subsequent activities will be performed under the supervision of a suitably qualified and experienced trainer.
At the end of the training course participants will complete a written and practical test to ensure they have the required knowledge and skills specified in the learning outcomes of the following modules:
- Module 1: Headers and manifolds
- Module 2: Theory of separation
- Module 3: Construction of separators
- Module 4: Control of separators
- Module 5: Separator safety systems
- Module 6: Operation of separators