If you are an Electrical Technician, Process Technician or Engineering graduate wishing to build on your background knowledge or refresh your understanding of Oil and Gas electrical engineering systems while gaining a recognised qualification, this training course is for you.
By the end of the OPITO POL Electrical Hazardous Area training course participants will be able to:
- Explain protection method for electrical instruments / equipment operated in Hazardous Area.
- Explain operation principles and limitation of various protection method.
- Explain Electrical Hazardous Zone classifications and the use of protection equipment according to zones where the equipment is installed
At the end of the training course participants will complete a written and practical test to ensure they have the required knowledge and skills specified in the learning outcomes of the following modules:
- Module 1 : Hazard, Risk and Control Measures
- Module 2: Zones and Properties of Flammable materials
- Module 3: Hazardous Protection Equipment
- Module 4: Explosion Protection by Enclosure Type
- Module 5: Explosion Protection by other methods
- Module 6: Design, Selection and Installation of Hazardous Area (Ex) equipment