This program consists of technical training and the required examinations to meet OPITO standards.
The program is designed to provide basic knowledge of electrical and instrument safety within the Oil and Gas industry.
There are no pre-requisites for this training.
If you are an Electrician Technician, Process Technician or Engineering graduate needing to build on your background knowledge or wishing to refresh your understanding of Oil and Gas electrical engineering systems while gaining a recognised qualification, this training course is for you.
By the end of the OPITO POL Electrical Safety training course participants will be able to:
- Describe inherent dangers in the use of electrical energy and techniques for protecting people and property against danger and harm
- Explain the need to isolate equipment
- Carry out safe isolation techniques
- Explain the need for safe systems of work
- Complete the documentation required to ensure any risk to personnel is minimized
At the end of the training course participants will complete a written and practical test to ensure they have the required knowledge and skills specified in the learning outcomes of the following modules:
- Module 1 : Dangers of Electrical Energy
- Module 2 : Safety Documentation
- Module 3 : Isolation and Earthing Equipment
- Module 4: Portable Equipment and Handtools
- Module 5 : Additional Safety Issues