- Understand and apply Lifting Equipment and Lifting Operations Regulations relevant to the Banksman & Slinger roles
- Plan lifting activities competently and safely
- Check the balance and security of a load
- Use the correct hand signal for 'emergency stop'
- Use appropriate lifting accessories
- Prepare a standard load which requires a single leg sling.
All rigging training activities at this level will be simple, routine and in accordance with the approved lift plans and all other relevant international/approved standards. All tasks and activities will be performed under the supervision of a suitably qualified and experienced trainer.
At the end of the training course participants will complete a written and practical test to ensure they have the required knowledge and skills specified in the 45 learning outcomes of the following modules:
Module 1 - Introduction to Lifting Operations
Module 2 - The Banksman's Role
Module 3 - Slinging Operations
Module 4 - Practical Exercises