This program includes technical training, hands-on skills training and the examinations required to meet ICE (International Competence: Engineering - Construction) standards.
Successful participants will be awarded a unique photographic IHSP (International Health and Safety Passport) Red Card, which is valid for 3 years and is recognised worldwide.
Prerequisites: In order to enrol on this course, participants must have attended the following course:
- ECITB International Health and Safety Passport (IHSP) Foundation.
If you are considering a career in construction as an Instrument Pipefitter or Instrument Technician, this training course provides the ideal opportunity to train and receive international certification. This course is a key step on the path to becoming a qualified Instrument Technician and will teach you to instal, test and inspect specialised small-bore tubing arrangements.
This is a demanding job, but it is also rewarding for the right person, offering lifelong career opportunities.
By the end of the ECITB Instrument Pipefitting Level 2 training course participants will be able to:
- Mark out and set out small bore tubing configurations to specification
- Shape small bore tubing components through cutting, bending and end preparation
- Fabricate and instal small bore tubing supports
- Assemble, disassemble and reinstal small bore tubing assemblies
- Identify and then rectify simple faults and defects in small bore tubing assemblies.
All instrumentation training activities at this level will be simple, routine and in accordance with approved procedures, test specifications, maintenance schedules and all other relevant international/approved standards. All tasks and subsequent activities will be performed under the supervision of a suitably qualified and experienced trainer.
At the end of the training course participants will do an examination to demonstrate that they have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills. This will consist of:
- A minimum of 2 Instrument Pipefitting Skill Specific Technical Tests (Level 2)
- A minimum of 2 Skill Specific Technical Tests (Level 2).