This program includes technical training, hands-on skills training and the examinations required to meet ICE (International Competence: Engineering - Construction) standards.
Successful participants will be awarded a unique photographic IHSP (International Health and Safety Passport) Blue Card, which is valid for 3 years and is recognised worldwide.
Prerequisites: In order to enrol on this course, participants must have attended the following courses:
- ECITB International Health and Safety Passport (IHSP) Advanced
- ECITB Electrical Maintenance L3.
If you are an experienced electrical maintenance Electrician, or oversee other personnel, possibly at supervisory level, this training course provides the ideal opportunity for you to learn a broad range of installation electician skills in a variety of contexts, most of which are complex and non-routine.
By the end of the ECITB Electrical Installation Level 2 training course participants will be able to:
- Position and instal electrical plant and equipment
- Carry out routine inspection and testing of electrical machines, distribution circuits and associated equipment
- Perform routine maintenance activities on electrical machines, distribution circuits and associated equipment
- Undertake unscheduled maintenance, fault diagnosis and the rectification of faults in electrical plant and equipment
- Test the performance and condition of electrical plant and equipment, analyse the test results and make adjustments as necessary to maintain operating conditions
- Establish that an electrical engineering maintenance process has been completed to specification.
All maintenance training activities at this level will be advanced, while remaining in accordance with approved procedures, test specifications, maintenance schedules and all other relevant international/ approved standards. All tasks and subsequent activities will be performed under the supervision of a suitably qualified and experienced trainer.
At the end of the training course participants will do an examination to demonstrate that they have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills. This will consist of:
- A minimum of 4 Electrical Maintenance Skill Specific Advanced Technical Tests (Level 3)
- A minimum of 4 Skill Specific Technical Tests (Level 2), of which two must be Electrical Maintenance Skill Specific.