This program includes technical training, hands-on skills training and the required examinations to meet ICE (International Competence: Engineering - Construction) standards. 4
Successful participants will be awarded a unique photographic IHSP (International Health and Safety Passport) Blue Card, which is valid for 3 years and is recognised worldwide.
Prerequisites: In order to enrol on this course, participants must have attended the following courses:
- ECITB International Health and Safety Passport (IHSP) Advanced
- ECITB Electrical Installation L2.
If you are an experienced electrical installation Electrician or oversee other personnel, possibly at supervisory level, this training course provides the ideal opportunity for you to learn a broad range of electrical installation skills in a variety of contexts, most of which are complex and non-routine.
By the end of the ECITB Electrical Installation Level 3 training course participants will be able to:
- Instal electrical cabling systems, wiring systems, enclosures and equipment (plant)
- Instal circuit protection devices
- Instal earthing arrangements on electrical circuits and connected equipment
- Terminate cabling systems, wiring systems and equipment (plant)
- Inspect, test and commission electrical installations (plant)
- Diagnose and correct electrical faults (plant).
All installation training activities at this level will be advanced, while remaining in accordance with approved circuit diagrams, drawings, technical specifications and all relevant international/ approved standards. All tasks and subsequent activities will be performed under the supervision of a suitably qualified and experienced trainer.
At the end of the training course participants will do an examination to demonstrate that they have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills. This will consist of:
- A minimum of 4 Electrical Installation Skill Specific Advance Technical Tests (Level 3)
- A minimum of 4 Skill Specific Technical Tests (Level 2).