This program includes technical training, hands-on skills training and the examinations required to meet ICE (International Competence: Engineering - Construction) standards.
Successful participants will be awarded a unique photographic IHSP (International Health and Safety Passport) Red Card, which is valid for 3 years and is recognised worldwide.
Prerequisites: In order to enrol on this course, participants must have attended the following course:
- ECITB International Health and Safety Passport (IHSP) Foundation.
If you are considering a career in construction as an Electrician, this training course provides the ideal opportunity to learn and receive international certification. This course is a key step on the path to becoming a qualified Electrician, able to fit, service and fix electrical equipment, circuits, machinery and wiring.
This is a demanding job, but it is also rewarding for the right person, offering lifelong career opportunities.
By the end of the ECITB Electrical Installation Level 2 training course participants will be able to:
- Instal circuit wiring/ cabling, enclosures and equipment (plant)
- Instal circuit protection devices
- Instal earthing arrangements on electrical circuits and connected equipment
- Carry out circuit testing to confirm safety and integrity of the installed circuit/ system.
All installation training activities at this level will be simple, routine and in accordance with approved circuit diagrams, drawings, technical specifications and all relevant international/ approved standards. All tasks and subsequent activities will be performed under the supervision of a suitably qualified and experienced trainer.
At the end of the training course participants will do an examination to demonstrate that they have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills. This will consist of:
- A minimum of 2 Electrical Installation Skill Specific Technical Tests (Level 2)
- A minimum of 2 Skill Specific Technical Tests (Level 2).