This program includes technical training to understand the concepts of Control of Work and hands-on skills training to perform given tasks through the application of a Control of Work process, ensuring that it is performed safely and efficiently.
If you are assigned a CoW role or a position of responsibility such as Area Authority, Issuing Authority or Performing Authority, this training is for you. It also valuable for crew members working in an environment demanding a consistent safe system of work with respect to operations, maintenance, and engineering activities.
By the end of the Control of Work training course participants will be able to:
- Explain roles and responsibilities for the various steps in controlling work activity
- Carry out work planning
- Describe the plant decontamination procedure
- Carry out risk assessments
- Prepare various types of permit and other documentation
- Carry out Lockout and tagout using different types of car seal valve
- Describe the isolation and breaking containment procedures
- Reinstate plant and equipment
- Use checklists with walk the line sections
All Control of Work training activities will be in accordance with the client's own procedures. All tasks and subsequent activities will be performed under the supervision of a suitably qualified and experienced trainer.
At the end of the training course participants will complete a written and practical test to ensure they have the required knowledge and skills specified in learning outcomes which are based on client's needs and procedures.