This program includes technical training and hands-on skills training in how to work in a confined space. It provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out their duties in confined spaces safely and in accordance with permits.
There are no pre-requisites for CSEA Training.
If your job may require you to work in or around confined spaces, this training is for you. Once qualified, you will be able to work safely as part of a team in confined spaces, whether as Entrant, Attendant or Entry Supervisor.
By the end of the CSEA training course participants will be able to:
- Define confined spaces
- Describe hazards related to confined spaces
- Operate safely in confined spaces
- Communicate correctly during confined space operations
All confined space training activities at this level will be in accordance with relevant international/ approved standards. All tasks and subsequent activities will be performed under the supervision of a suitably qualified and experienced trainer.
At the end of the training course participants will complete a written and practical test to ensure they have the required knowledge and skills specified in the learning outcomes of the following modules:
- Module 1 - Definition of confined space
- Module 2 - Hazards and dangers associated with confined spaces
- Module 3 - Characteristics of confined spaces
- Module 4 - Safe operating procedures in confined spaces
- Module 5 - Confined space equipment and breathing apparatus
- Module 6 - Duties of the support personnel for confined spaces
- Module 7 - Practical confined space entry
- Module 8 - Communication during confined space tasks